This website (www.lnat.ac.uk) is the website of LNAT Consortium Ltd (referred to here by the words ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’). Our website is offered for public use on the following terms. We reserve the right to vary any of these terms without prior notice. By browsing the website you accept that you are bound by the current terms and we therefore recommend that you check these each time you revisit the site. The terms were last updated on 1 July 2010.
- Links. Any links provided to third party websites, or data about third parties (third party information) on the this website, are supplied as a convenience. Linked sites are not under our control; and we are not responsible for any third party linked sites, the contents of such sites, any use of the same, or for third party information. The inclusion of a link or third party information does not imply our endorsement of the linked site or third party information, any organization or person associated with the linked site or third party information, or any products or services offered or marketed through the linked site or by the third party.
- LNAT registration and payment. Registration and payment for the LNAT is not provided by us. It is provided by Pearson VUE on the terms set out by Pearson VUE for providing that service (see www.pearsonvue.com). Any contract you may have for sitting the LNAT and for dissemination of your LNAT result is also with Pearson VUE. Although great care has been taken to agree a satisfatory service level, we do not warrant that the services of Pearson VUE will meet your requirements, nor do we assume any liability for any defaults or neglects of Pearson VUE. Any Pearson VUE registration and payment services accessed from within this website (www.lnat.ac.uk) are not part of that website and are offered for your convenience subject to term 1 above.
- Intellectual property.
All copyright and other intellectual property rights in any material contained on this website remains vested in LNAT Consortium Limited unless otherwise indicated. LNAT is a registered trademark of LNAT Consortium Limited. You may access any part of the site and download or copy material for non-commercial use only. Copying, distributing or any use of the materials contained on the website for any commercial purpose is prohibited. The copyright and registered trademark of LNAT Consortium Limited must be acknowledged at all times. You may not remove any copyright, trademark or intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material downloaded or copied from the website.
- Abuse of website. By using the website, you agree that you will not: A) Impersonate any other individual; or B) Obtain, collect or store personal information about other people who use this website; or C) Submit or transmit any words which are unlawful, threatening, abusive or defamatory; or D) Disrupt or interfere with the website, or the servers or networks to which the website is connected.
- Personal data. We may receive personal data about you from Pearson VUE if and when you sit the LNAT. This data may include personal data supplied by you to Pearson VUE together with your test result and a coded indication of the universities to which the data is to be supplied. This data may be stored by the Consortium on its behalf. It will be passed only to the LNAT-participating universities that you have listed on your UCAS form, or to which you have asked us to pass it. The data may also be used for research and monitoring purposes, although in that case personally identifying fields will be removed. We will not use your personal data for any other purposes. Any use of your personal data by Pearson VUE is the responsibility of Pearson VUE, and is subject to the Pearson VUE terms of service. Any use of your personal data by an LNAT-participating university to which we supply it is the responsibility of the university concerned. We are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting third party websites to which we link, including the Pearson VUE website (www.pearsonvue.com).
- University admissions. The Consortium does not admit anyone to any university and makes no representations or warranties regarding the use of LNAT results by universities. You should be aware that neither registration nor the obtaining of a particular score in the multiple-choice element of the LNAT guarantees that you will be admitted to a participating university Law School. Nor does such registration or the obtaining of a specific LNAT score guarantee that you will be invited to an interview or an Open Day at any individual Law School. Such decisions are for LNAT-participating universities, over whom neither we nor Pearson VUE has has any control.
- Disclaimer. The content of the website is for general information only and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation upon which a specific decision should be made. You expressly acknowledge and agree that we shall not be liable for any loss, including any pure economic loss, or loss of profit, business, goodwill, opportunity or otherwise, in each case whether direct, indirect or consequential, or any claims in respect thereof, in any case arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or the taking of the LNAT. We reserve the right to modify the website at any time, whether temporarily or permanently. This may mean that the service is unavailable from time to time. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any loss or inconvenience caused by such modifications and/or suspension of the website. However, nothing in this term excludes or limits our liability for: A) Death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or B) Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or C) Any matter for which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or to attempt to exclude our liability.