Dates and deadlines
Registration for and booking of LNAT tests for entry into university in September 2020 opens on 1 August 2019. Testing starts on 1 September 2019.
The LNAT test can be taken on any day that there is an appointment slot free at the test centre you have chosen. The earlier you book, the more chance you have of getting an appointment on the day of your choice.
You can take the LNAT before or after you send off your UCAS application.
Key dates to note in the 2019-20 LNAT cycle for entry into university in Autumn 2020. See also the notes at the foot of the page.
We will attempt to keep this page up to date and accurate, but it is your responsibility to check with your chosen universities for any changes.
2019: LNAT Registration
DO NOT sit the LNAT before the 2019 summer holiday as your result WILL NOT COUNT for 2019/20
- 1 August 2019: UCAS registration will open. LNAT registration begins.
- 1 September 2019: LNAT testing begins
- Mid September 2019: UCAS applications can be submitted
2019: Deadlines for Oxford applicants
You must meet these deadlines in order to guarantee that your application to Oxford will be considered.
- 5 October 2019: Register and book your LNAT test slot
- 15 October 2019: Submit your UCAS form
- 20 October 2019: Sit the LNAT before or on 20 October 2019 at the very latest
2019: Deadlines for all other LNAT universities
You must meet these deadlines in order to guarantee that your application will be considered.
- 15 January 2020: Register and book your LNAT test slot
- 15 January 2020: Submit your UCAS form
- 20 January 2020: Sit the LNAT before or on 20 January 2019
2020: Late applications
Late application deadlines usually apply to international applicants only – it is your responsibility to check with your chosen universities. Your chosen universities may not accept LNAT results taken as late as July.
- 25 July 2020: Book your LNAT test slot before or on 25 July 2020
- 31 July 2020: Submit UCAS form between 16 January and 30 June 2020
- 31 July 2020: Sit the LNAT before or on 31 July 2020
Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
Applicants to Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS) can take the LNAT between 1 September 2018 and 31 July 2019 for the university’s 2020 intake. For the 2021 intake applicants can take the LNAT between 1 September 2019 and 31 July 2020.
- Applicants not applying to Oxford are strongly advised to meet the January deadlines if possible. Under UCAS rules universities are permitted but not required to consider late applications. If you are thinking of making a late application please check with the universities concerned to make sure they are still considering applications. More detail on the UCAS website.
- You will need to enter your UCAS Personal Identifier number on your LNAT profile before you submit your UCAS application. You do not need to complete your UCAS application form when you register your LNAT profile.
- Don’t forget to think about how you are going to pay the test fee before you try to book a test slot. Payment is required at time of booking – no exceptions. The only possible modes of payment are major credit card (Visa, MC, Amex), debit card (Visa and MasterCard only), or LNAT e-voucher.
- Think ahead! More about payment and costs.
- You may only sit the LNAT once between 1 September 2019 and 31 July 2020. If you sit it twice during that period, the later sitting of the two will automatically be invalidated and the later result will be void.
- If you decide to re-apply to LNAT-participating universities in a later UCAS year, you must sit the LNAT again in that later UCAS year.
LNAT results cannot be carried forward from one academic year to the next