We have a bursary system under which we waive the test fee altogether for those in receipt of certain state benefits in their country of residence. This applies to UK and EU applicants only. It also applies at UK and EU test centres only. You will need to apply for a bursary before you book an LNAT sitting.
The following are eligible for an LNAT Bursary:
• UK applicants currently receiving the 16-19 Bursary in England, the top rate of Educational Maintenance Allowance in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland or Adult Learning Grant (currently GBP30 per week).
• UK applicants residing with a family member currently receiving Income Support, income-based Jobseekers’ Allowance, or Employment and Support Allowance where the benefit includes an element to meet the candidate’s needs.
• UK applicants residing with a family member currently receiving child tax credits where the candidate is named on the award and the household income as stated on the award is less than £30k.
• UK applicants who receive Pupil Premium payments or free school meals.
• EU applicants from outside the UK who receive an equivalent state benefit in their country of residence. The bursary application form will help you assess whether your state benefit is equivalent. Please note that evidence must be provided in English, or with a translation attached to the original documentation.
Applicants from outside the EU are not eligible for LNAT bursaries under any circumstances.
Bursaries also cannot be used to take the LNAT at test centres outside the EU, where the test fee is higher.
Candidates must apply for a bursary before booking their LNAT. Because of the need to check your documentation it can take up to ten days from receipt of your form to process your application. You must allow for this extra time in planning your LNAT bookings.
Candidates must complete the bursary application form on the website. You need to attach a scan or a clear photo of the evidence to the application form.
Please note that bank statements showing incoming benefit payments will not be accepted as evidence.
Successful applicants will be sent an e-voucher by email (this will be the only form of notification). Receipt of a bursary is not equivalent to registering for the LNAT or booking a test. You must still register online. You can complete stage one of the registration process (create a profile) before you get your bursary. But you will complete stage two (book a test) only after you receive the bursary. You enter the voucher number we email to you at the stage at which other people enter their credit card or debit card number.
Please note that the same terms and conditions regarding cancellation and rebooking of tests apply to bursary bookings as to all other bookings. Candidates failing to attend their test will have to rebook the test at their own expense. This also applies to candidates who donot present suitable identification documentation and are refused entry to the test centre.